AMF greenlight for Napoleon AM
Napoleon Crypto is proud to announce that it has just received the official greenlight from the AMF (Autorité des Marchés Financiers), the French regulator, to launch Napoleon AM, a fully licensed asset management company, subject to the classical suspensive conditions (company registration….).
Napoleon AM will thus become the first asset manager in Europe funded by an ICO (Initial Coin Offering) and incorporated under French law. It will be specialized in quantitative strategies through liquid instruments and among the first AM to focus on offering investment strategies opening access to crypto (bitcoin or ether) exposure.
It is the second important milestone achieved by Napoleon Crypto team which launched a successful ICO earlier this year to finance its development issuing 29,800,000 NPX tokens. The next one will be to launch the first investment vehicles to activate the second characteristic of its token. The team has already worked on a potential structuring for these vehicles considering the evolving regulations around crypto assets and the associated operational constraints (ex: custody). The first investment vehicle is scheduled for H1 2019.
Napoleon AM will be part of the Napoleon Group, where it will enrich a range of innovative investment products based on the three Group entities:
- Napoleon AM has been granted an AIFM license and will be able to offer investment solutions for professional investors. Napoleon AM will hence propose crypto exposure solutions;
- Napoleon Capital is a specialist in quantitative strategies issued from open-competition holding a financial advisor license CIF (Conseil en Investissement Financier/FSA equivalent) supervised by ORIAS/AMF;
- Napoleon Index is aiming to become registered for index publishing and administration under BMR regulation, blockchain based.
Napoleon Group has a French DNA, with an international mindset and a strong will to comply with the highest standard regulations. Napoleon Group is betting on regulation to address institutional investors’ needs. The Group’s vision is based on the three major developments that led to the restructuring of the asset management sector:
- Quantitative finance is revolutionizing the financial industry through automation and Artificial Intelligence;
- Blockchain simplifies many operational processes through increased speed, security, transparency and cost- efficiency; and
- Tokenization is the real potential future of financial assets. Crypto assets are being adopted by institutional clients as a new asset class. This will lead to a world of programmable real and financial assets, allowing to trade in an ever more efficient market.
About the team: Arnaud Dartois, Jean-Charles Dudek and Stephane Ifrah combine more than 50-year experience in the financial industry, capitalizing on more than 10 years of product research. The Founders have gathered a unique team of experts in investment management, data, operations, front and back end IT development, blockchain and marketing areas.
Acknowledgments: Napoleon Group have received all the legal expertise and support across time from Mr.Hubert de Vauplane & Mrs.Valentine Barbelivien from Kramer Levin as well as Mr.Bertrand Gibeau from Reinhold & Partners inc. who deserve our gratitude for making sure we were able to successfully obtain the AMF greenlight.
Napoleon Group +33 (0)9 72 58 22 21 59 rue Montmartre 75002 Paris (FR) www.napoleon-group.com [email protected]